1. The Red Book
Services to contact:
1) Mental Health Emergency:
- 911. Call 911, go to the nearest emergency room or follow the emergency instructions provided by your doctor, mental health professional or care team. If your community has a mental health car, you can call 911 to request it.
- Crisis 24 hours: 310-6789 (BC Mental Health Support Line) website: www.crisislines.bc.ca
- Mental Health Emergency Services: 604-874-7307 (24 hours crisis line) Provides 24 hour telephone mental health crisis intervention for people experiencing a psychiatric emergency or needing urgent support and information. For people who are feeling depressed or suicidal, seeking information about schizophrenia or other mental illnesses, concerned about a friend or relative and/or not sure where to turn for help. Free service.
2) Suicide Counselling and Prevention:
- Crisis Centre of BC 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- SAFER: 604-879-9251 Suicide Attempt Follow-up Education & Research Program (SAFER) – Intake Worker, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday: 604-675-3985 #301-1669 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5N1V9
- SUCCESS Chinese Help Lines: Cantonese: 604-270-8233/Mandarin: 604-270-8222
4) HealthLink BC: Call 811 or visit www.healthlinkbc.ca to access free, non-emergency health information for anyone in your family, including mental health information. Through 811, you can also speak to a registered nurse about symptoms you’re worried about, or talk with a pharmacist about medication questions.